FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IRROPs - Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. WITHIN 48 HOURS of departure (2024)
Old Jan 16, 2024, 3:12 pm
zam

Originally Posted by arf04
We are on a 014 ticket tomorrow via FRA to YYZ and LH has cancelled the inbound but not the outbound as of yet. As the flight we are on is a straight out and back if the aircraft isn’t coming then we are definitely not going back tomorrow. I’d like to be proactive but I can see how, logically, AC won’t be willing to rebook us onto an alternate route that would allow us to leave tomorrow? We are in TFS, which is not the worst place to get stuck for a few days of course… but if we can get rebooked onto TP via LIS we should avoid the worst weather in Western Europe and still get back to canada on schedule.

So, my question: is there any point in calling AC before the LH/4Y flight we are on tomorrow is actually cancelled? I can’t see that it will operate given the status of the inbound. We are on a J booking and E50 if that makes any difference. It was certainly a good week to be away from western Canada!

Edit to add: it looks like LH/4Y are sending the plane in tonight so that explains the lack of a cancellation.
AC has a travel advisory for FRA so they should be willing to make a proactive change for you. Certainly worth calling and mentioning the waiver.