FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2024 Upgrade Success (or Lack Thereof)
View Single Post
Old Jan 15, 2024, 10:15 am
ND76

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I was able to use my last two 2023 RUCs on an open jaw trip, CLE-DTW-SEA and then SMF-ATL-CLE. On the DTW-SEA there was a 25 person list for 0 UGs but the person next to me was a no show, and the crack staff at DTW didn't bother to fish a person on the list out of the back and into the empty seat.

I had booked a roomette on the Amtrak Coast Starlight to get from Seattle to Sacramento, but Amtrak sent me an e-mail which I received about an hour out of SEA that the train was canceled and was going to be cancelled for the next few days. I promply booked a seat on a SkyWest E175 for early Friday morning. I immediately got C+ but there was only 1 F empty. When I got to SEA on Friday morning for the flight, a second F empty was available, but I was #4 out of 12. The good news was that th person sitting next to me was UG'd and the SEA gate agents didn't fill that seat; it turned out to be the only empty seat on the flight.