FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mexico Beach Options
View Single Post
Old Jan 11, 2024, 1:26 pm
Hrock34

Mexico Beach Options

Hi everyone - it has been a while since I have been active around here

My wife and I are planning an anniversary trip in March (but not over Easter), combining a urban piece in Mexico City, and then some relaxing time on the beach. We have friends that are helping us out with ideas in Mexico City, but are trying to figure out the beach piece. We've never been to either place, and are excited to go!

We are focusing on either Cabo or Punta Mita, due to options being relatively close to the airport and then a direct flight back to SFO. We will mainly be relaxing after exploring Mexico City, no not as focused on the range of activities but more on being able to relax. We are leaving our daughter at home, so staying away from lots of kids would be nice. Quality of food matters quite a bit to us, but doesn't have to be fancy. We don't need a swimmable beach, but it would be great to have a good walking beach (or other places to go for a stroll).

Right now the main places at the top of the list (similar ballpark pricing for oceanview rooms) are:

St Regis Punta Mita
Auberge Susseros del Corazon
One&only Palmilla
Four Seasons Costa Palmas
Rosewood Las Ventannas (which is notch more expensive)

It seems like Punta Mita in general has better beaches (both for swimming and walking), and seems to be marginally cheaper. Between the StR and Auberge, I feel like Auberge might have less kids and seems more intimate based on reviews (and also has a 4th night free!). Does that seem consistent with the views of folks that have been to both?

A couple of specific other questions:
Thoughts on Punta Mita vs Cabo - food options, beaches, etc.
Is something like Las Ventannas worth the extra $$ (and somewhat Palmilla too)? One the flip side, any thoughts on places like The Cape, Solaz, etc. that are a notch down from the ones we're looking at now - in general they seem more mass market - does that read seem right?
Anywhere else we should look at?

Right now I am leaning towards Susseros del Corazon, based on all the various factors.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Hrock34; Jan 11, 2024 at 2:15 pm