FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hamptons that have Bitten the dust
View Single Post
Old Jan 12, 2005, 12:36 pm
HiltonGuy

Yep, older properties are being phased out of the system

Originally Posted by craz
word was that if they didnt ship up they were to be out. when I went to book for PHX I noticed that the infamous HI along I-17 North bound wasnt listed. Exterior corridors- heck I didnt think that Motel 6 would have kept 'em. anyway called and its not only no longer a HI but didnt sound as if they are with any chain at all.
any others out there?
I think the fact that most of you are seeing some of the older properties flying competitors' brand flags is primarily due to the new "Make It Hampton" brand initiative. It is my understanding that if the ownership group of the individual properties did not want to or did not wish to renovate their location to be more in line with the newer Hampton locations, their license was not renewed. I stand to be corrected on this issue though.

The Hampton Inns brand recently turned 20 years old and it was decided to "renovate" the brand, so to speak. Result: Make It Hampton. This included the updated and upgraded breakfast, Purity Plus (shampoo, lotion,etc) amenities, curved shower rods, lap desks, etc.. Another benefit is consistency of the brand.