FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (master thd)
Old Jan 9, 2024, 1:08 pm
aj411

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Ok. I'm trying to figure out the new policy with award bookngs that involve parnter and AA. No offense to the EXP agents but I'm pretty sure I need to know my options before I talk to them since hey all seem to have different levels of educaiton on options.
I booked two award flights NRT>SFO>ORD>MSP. 60,000 miles. Nice redemptions. Not flying until fall.
NRT to SFO in Business on JAL. The rest in economy on AA and we are on the upgrade list.
I know the schedule will change and I know flights SFO to MSP with only one connection and business awards will become available. In fact, I see a couple of options already but redemption amounts all over the board.
I know in the past I could call at any time and have them extend the business class award to include all flights but now that has changed a bit.
Now, not so sure. Could my flights in the US be tagged as saver awards? Any way to know?
This PNR still hasn't ticketed so I'm guessing I cant' address the AA flights until it does?
And then, if I see flights available on AA SFO>MSP in business in some other way, should I be able to call and have that changed? Coudl it possibly need additional miles?

Apologies if these sound like rookie questions but this is my first partner/aaa combo booking without everything in business since the dynamic pricing changes happened in 2023
TIA