FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Intra-Asia Award Travel: WBC for extra 10,000 miles?
Old Jan 12, 2005, 10:34 am
Infinity

Programs: Skyteam, *A, 1W
Originally Posted by NWA_5479
Hey,
I have another question about this. My friend is planning a MR in the fall (October) MSP-NRT-SIN. I would like to meet up with her and fly down to SIN, but I dont know when she is traveling. Most likely, she will wait for a fall sale, and book then, but i am worried that there wont be award availability then. Can I book now, and change the dates in the fall, or should I wait a while. I am wondering if people have experience with how fast the WBC award tickets will fill up.
THANX

If they have availability right now, you can always book your award ticket. It works out great if you know for sure the travel dates you and your friend are heading down to SIN.
Once you made your reservation, there will be a $50 change fee if you need to move the dates or change to WBC or something.
As you can tell from reading this forum, WBC award seats can be hard to find. Some people have luck with finding them as early as 300 days out, or some as late as 2 weeks out. It's really hard to say. Pure luck, I guess.