FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Consolidated] - Duplicated / double / impossible reservations -- What will UA do?
Old Jan 9, 2024, 9:14 am
IAH-OIL-TRASH
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by dkc192
...but I don't particularly like the idea of UA's computer attempting to decipher a traveler's intent when determining which bookings/routings are duplicate and thus strictly impossible.
I think they UA is tagging reservations that are more likely to be duplicate than impossible and they lay out their right to do so in the CoC.

Probably 90% of domestic or short-haul int'l routes could be physically repeated the next day. Allowing "possible" consecutive day segments would allow one to book IAH to DEN one-ways 10 days in a row. Can a flyer do it? Sure. Is it likely? No.

People booking more segments more than they intend to take reduce inventory and may actually boost prices for the next buyer into another (more expensive) fare class.

I've was inconvenienced once by UA's duplicate detection system (albeit reason was another pax w/ same name/same segment). PITA, but worth it in long run IMHO.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Jan 9, 2024 at 4:12 pm Reason: added punk-tuation.