FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air France lounges and contract lounges master thread
Old Jan 8, 2024, 8:58 pm
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
AUH Pearl lounge

Originally Posted by Chris9642
Confirming that Etihad are not allowing Air France passengers access to their lounges in Terminal A - they are using instead the new Pearl lounge which was so overcrowded with Priority Pass customers we left after 5 mins.
here is my review of this lounge :

Name of the lounge: AUH Pearl lounge

Location : terminal A, turn left after the duty free and left again, 5th floor (gates floor is level 3)

Opening Hours: 24/24

Entry requirements: usual ST requirements. Three hours stay maximum. Paid access possible for AED 263 (adults) or 175 (children). This lounge is mostly plagues with all the various pass and CC holders. AF pax are directed to a separate part of the lounge that was not crowded when I was there. It was on the right when you arrive in the lounge, just behind the welcome counters. The agent, after having scanned our AF BP, directed us there saying « this is much better on this side ». Understood it it was a zoo on the other side. I don’t know if all AF pax are sent there, or just the J pax (my case) or because I am Ultimate. I don’t think Ulti plays a role here as there was 0 Ultimate service/benefit on the ground. So, this side of the lounge was OK, not crowded. Not the best lounge in the world, but certainly decent.

Food offer: I was there from 7 am. At that time, we had a few warm options (rice, chicken something, chicken sausage) and cold stuff (cold cuts - of course no pork so not great), croissants, cereals, bread.

Drinks offer : limited juice choice (pineapple and apple), coffee, tea, sodas. There is a full bar with alcohol (attended of course). Some people were already having cocktails at 7 am…

Services
-Wifi: yes
-Showers: yes
-Toilets: yes
-Quiet zone: no
-Loungers/sleep area: no
-Business area: no
-Spa: no
-TV area: no (but TV in the lounge)
-Passengers are called: no
-Information screen: yes
-Newspapers: no

Other information
-Number of seats: about 50-60 in my section. No idea for the section for the crowd.
-Level of noise: low when I was there
-Design: see pictures. Colors reminded me the ST lounges design
-View: no view in my section. A few very small windows overlooking the terminal (but most of the view is blocked by the big pillars supporting the terminal roof).
-Multi floors: no
-Terrace: there seem to be a terrace in the other section (as per AUH website). Didn’t see it.
-Smoking area: yes
-Direct boarding: no
-Plugs and USB chargers : very few
-Others : prayer room, nursing room