FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2024 Elite Packages Arriving [75K packages may be sent in error]
Old Jan 8, 2024, 8:41 pm
Far Siren
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / FB Platinum / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jlisi984
So I have an interesting sidebar to this story - both my mom and I are long-term Super Elites (since 2009 or so). My mom got a package in April 2023 congratulating her on requalifying for SE100K, with a card expiring Dec 2024. I didn't. Therefore: I continued to earn and spend on AC enough to get SE100K for 2024, while for my mum we used points and other airlines since she had already requalified (honestly, I was surprised, but with so many promos, weird extensions and waivers in the past years I shrugged it off as perfectly plausible). She ended up just under 9K spend and well over 100K flown (about 160K, counting rollover from 2022). I got my SE100K, she's down to E50K (1MM lifetime/what she earned). Now I'm going have to use the precendent AC has created with the E75K debacle to help her keep SE100K (though honestly I think her case is way, way stronger than those with E75K cards mailed at the end of the year). Good luck finding the right person to contact at AC, though.

And just for proof, her (already well-used) card which came in April 2023:

Out of curiosity how does your mom utilize her actual card because even the credit cards which I use every day don't show this much wear & tear. And I don't think I've ever pulled out my SE card out of my travel wallet this year since everything is all digital...