FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MH370 Discussion and Speculation Thread
View Single Post
Old Jan 5, 2024, 2:58 am
Midships

Programs: BAEC GFL (Only took 30 years)
Originally Posted by NativeItalian23
There is a new report out from the aviation safety that states what cargo was onboard, some materials were considered dangerous because two of them if combined could be combustable... I don't know how accurate the report is, but it is from the Malaysian Military, and airlines. It was updated due to 40 of the families that lost loved ones wanted to re-open the case for answers. They are even paying out of pocket in efforts to find individuals, or companies to help them in their search endeavors.
I'm unfamiliar with "aviation safety", is there a web address for them?

Originally Posted by NativeItalian23
I wonder if other passengers phones picked up service as well. I am wondering if families, authorities whomever can try to follow cellphone tower pings from people onboard. If the First Officer's phone got a hit could they not try to triangulate a smaller search ratio based off of cellphone tower hits?
Although I can't say I know for a fact, I imagine that she was still on radar way after Penang long after thee was any possibility of a cell tower connection.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jan 6, 2024 at 5:02 am Reason: Merged consecutive posts by same member