FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice on Leaving Skymiles
View Single Post
Old Dec 30, 2023, 6:00 pm
rodxmas

Advice on Leaving Skymiles

Looking for ideas on transitioning from Delta to American. My home airport is portland, me. I think I am going to move to american. My story I have been Diamond since 2001 and am a million miler. I booked an unaccompanied minor trip for my 10 year old daughter to visit her friends in atlanta. Booked it non stop departure was flawless but they would not let her check in at the airport because the flight arrived to late. I called and they said they could not override the airport and all they could do was book her on a flight the following day that connected through LGA. The point was to have her on a non stop. I understand that there are rules but I booked the flight with no issue and they wont let her check in on the return flight home^ Given this expereience and the other skymiles changes I it is time for me to go. I also heavily use a delta reserve amex. Any thoughts on the best programs and cards to switch to would be appreciated and if other airlines will acknowledge your previous loyalty and value you as a customer at sign on.