FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated TPE logistics / connections / lounges (lounge access issue Jan 2024)
Old Dec 29, 2023, 8:41 pm
kaboom36

Programs: UA MM 1K, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum
I recently took UA872 from TPE to SFO departing 11:10am. I am a 1K and had a paid C Polaris seat. Upon checking at the UA TPE ticket counter, I was notified by the UA CheckIn agent 872 flight pax is to use "Plaza Premium Lounge" instead of Eva lounge for *G and UA Polaris business class ticketed passenger. I thought it was just another option or lounge we can use at TPE. Therefore, I still went to the Eva lounge (designated *G lounge) and tried to enter the lounge. I was denied entrance. The Eva lounge attendant said anyone with UA872 ticket regardless of *G status or business class can not use Eva lounge due to "space limitation". UA contracted with Plaza Premium Lounge for flight 872.

Then I got further clarification from lounge manager that this restriction is only for UA872 ticket passenger. And it's not restricted for another TPE to SFO flight UA852 which departed later during the day at 1:10pm.

Do you guys see any issue with this? It's my first time seeing this type of resolution to resolve *G alliance overcrowded issue.