FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2023 Travel Year in Review
View Single Post
Old Dec 20, 2023, 8:42 pm
JAXPax

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
Originally Posted by wakesetter93
we did have the chance to chat a ton this year and I always enjoy seeing your travels on Instagram. Seeing it all here in one post makes me realize just how insane it all was!

Only think I don’t know the story on is how you got pulled into a state audit investigation
And likewise! Commiserating on way too early flights.

So Red Way Airlines, which ran from June 8th until just about the end of August when it abruptly shut down, was somewhat funded by some covid relief money given to the City of Lincoln (that's a broad brush missing a lot of finer points, but this is the Bob Ross treatment). When they started ticket sales, they never charged cards. I, and others, kept contacting them asking when they would actually take our money. Only took a month. When they shut down, and had to give refunds to those tickets sold but not flown, they didn't have enough money to do so. The problem is that on this type of charter arrangement the ticket money is required to be held in escrow until the passenger flies. Oops. Well, I flew and I for some reason in August got a full refund (3 months after my flight). Others I know were in the same boat. Would explain where the money went... I loved the question (this is all public record, or will be... the 85 page audit report came out in the last two weeks) on can I be sure that I did actually fly on them. "Well, I have a photo of me and the Mayor of Lincoln standing on the airplane in Orlando. How's that?"