FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Elite nights stacking with credit cards from different countries?
Old Dec 20, 2023, 6:31 pm
JapanFlyerT

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by uinoka
It reads like they add the 15-night on renewal so I've been planning on getting the card in the new year. Will report back.
毎年15泊分の宿泊実績をプレゼント<エリート会員資格取得に向けた宿泊実績>
ご入会時また毎年カードをご継続いたただく度に、Marriott Bonvoyより15泊分のご宿泊実績をプレゼントします。「プラチナエリート」会員資格をよりスヒ ゚ーディーに獲得できます。

I don't think what you wrote is correct. Like the US cards, the J card says on application (入会時) and the renewal 毎年カードをご継続いたただく度に . In the US I think it is just start of calendar year, and I imagine that would be true in Japan too, so this is a bit fuzzy for me.

※基本カード会員様のみ対象となります。
This line (above) indicates it is for the member, rather than for family accounts.

I spent a fair bit of time wading deep through the Japanese T&C on the Marriott page but couldn't find anything definitive. I suspect this is a loophole, and there aren't enough people like us out there, eligible for both, for them to consider it (at least right now).

The card itself is pretty much break-even, at least for the first year. With a 1.5 mil spend I'd get enough for two nights at decent properties (bonus signup points plus night).