FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Understanding the United Upgrade List Comprehensively
Old Dec 18, 2023, 9:35 am
mariol

If I'm looking at the date-change upgrade list for a flight and there's, for example 10 people waiting for Polaris and 5 waiting for PremPlus and the overlap is 4, does that typically mean that the 6 people on the Polaris List but not the PremPlus list are already be booked into PremPlus (if they are ahead of the people that appear on both lists? I.e. are there 6 more "available" spots for upgrade to PremPlus than I'd expect (since those people would be vacating PremPlus seats when the clear into Polaris?

I know that when you do a MUA upgrade you can select either or both as an option, so it's certainly possible that someone did that; I just am trying to get at how LIKELY it is that it happens. I know full well (keeping in mind the chart directly above ) that if the person that appears only on the Polaris list is BELOW some people on both lists then they are necessarily not in PremPlus unless there's a GS instrument on the people above...