FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thompson Denver REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Dec 11, 2023, 1:59 pm
lAzyTraveler

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
My stay at Thompson Denver was excellent! Stayed here for a night, booked using AMEX Fine Hotels + Resorts, used a $200 AMEX hotel credit and $100 Hyatt GC from the 40 night milestone reward.

I was upgraded to one of the Skyline Suites (saw this on my app the night before). At check-in they offered me a glass of sparkling wine, bottle of water and some sweets. They also gave me a gift bag that included a small bottle of rose and snack bag. Very professional and friendly staff.

My friend who is a Discoverist also stayed here and used FHR. His app didn’t show upgrades but he got upgraded to a “higher floor” room at check-in. I’m not sure what kind of upgrades they usually offer to FHR guests, but when I checked in, Exec Suite, Skyline Studio and Corner King were also available.

Skyline Suite which looks just like the Executive Suite but has different layout. It was dark as there is a window in the bedroom but not in the living room. I got upgraded to a Corner king room last time, and it was much brighter than this suite. There is a mini bar counter, Nespresso machine with 4 capsules and lots of wine glasses. D.S. & Durga shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, soap and a small bottle of lotion in the bathroom. Sofa bed is also in the living room.

Reynard Social was pretty cool and had great drinks. They were offering happy hour menu when I was there (daily 5-8pm).

Breakfast in Chez Maggy was great! (Also tried dinner, had a duck dish, but it wasn’t that good unfortunately)

Globalist breakfast was up to $80 although the pre-arrival email stated $35/person per day. FHR’s breakfast was $60 regardless single or double occupancy. Globalist breakfast is only available in the restaurant, but they offer room service breakfast for FHR guests.

The FHR’s $100 credit applied automatically, it took whatever the cost of food/drink but not that 20% fees or tax.

Resort/Destination fee didn’t show up on my bill, so I didn’t have to ask to remove it at check-out. Also no issue when I used my $100 millstone gift credit. They also offered me 4pm late checkout but didn’t use it.

Overall, I like this Hyatt over GH or HR Denver. I am not a pet person, but you can bring 2 dogs staying for free. All other Hyatt hotels DT Denver charge pet fees.