Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Thompson Denver REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Apr 2, 2021, 5:48 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG

Creating a dedicated thread for the upcoming Thompson Denver, opening fall 2021 at 1616 Market Street.

Website is now live at this link.

khabah
Old Apr 2, 2021, 6:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by khabah
Creating a dedicated thread for the upcoming Thompson Denver, opening fall 2021 at 1616 Market Street.

Website is now live at this link.
Interesting! All Downtown Denver Hyatt hotels are cat 3 right now, so I wonder what category Thompson Denver will be.....
Old Apr 2, 2021, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
With this and the Centric Denver getting a nice upgrade!
Old Apr 2, 2021, 7:26 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Never stayed at Thompson hotels before. Are they better than Centric but below Andaz?
Old Apr 2, 2021, 8:23 am

Thompson in general has better hard product than Andaz but weaker softer product
Old Jun 17, 2021, 1:30 pm

Looks like Thompson Denver will be Category 6....
Old Jun 17, 2021, 4:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Platium. Hyatt Globlist. United Member. WN A-list w/CP. Frontier Elite 100K.
Looks to be open Dec 2 points inventory not loaded yet.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lAzyTraveler
Looks like Thompson Denver will be Category 6....
That's a bit aggressive - though I could see visiting sports teams and the like staying there. Denver is not that flush w/better luxury options.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
That's a bit aggressive - though I could see visiting sports teams and the like staying there. Denver is not that flush w/better luxury options.
I thought it was going to be Cat 4 or possibly Cat 5. All other DT Denver Hyatt hotels including the new Centric are Cat 3. I was a bit shocked...
Old Jun 17, 2021, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lAzyTraveler
I thought it was going to be Cat 4 or possibly Cat 5. All other DT Denver Hyatt hotels including the new Centric are Cat 3. I was a bit shocked...
In the US, unless I'm wrong, only Chicago and Gild Hall (neither "prime" Thompsons) are the only cat 4s...the other are 5s or 6s.

Many of the newer ones do seem to be 6s (even in "cheaper" markets like Dallas and Nashville), so guess they think they can do the same in Denver.

I would pay 2x the points for a Thompson over a HH/HP...but not 2x versus a perfectly good & solid GH like in Denver.
59Impala likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 7:51 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Accepting reservations as of 2/14/2022. Considering a stay here in June and checked rates. Interestingly, no standard rooms (yet) on awards, however you can upgrade to suites on points.

Old Feb 10, 2022, 8:32 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Thompson Denver Opens Today in the Mile High City's LoDo Neighborhood

Now officially open:
https://newsroom.hyatt.com/news-releases?item=124201

Featuring 216 guestrooms, a signature restaurant from famed chef Ludo Lefebvre, and tailored design by award-winning firm Parts + Labor, the all-new boutique hotel brings the Thompson Hotels brand’s quintessential modern take on luxury to the iconic Mile High City

CHICAGO (February 10, 2022) Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE:H) announced today the opening of Thompson Denver, the new lifestyle hotel by the Thompson Hotels brand. Seamlessly blending the Thompson Hotels brand’s signature mid-century modern and urban style with upscale mountain chalet chic, Thompson Denver brings a fresh, locally inspired approach to Mile High luxury. The new-build hotel, owned by the leading hospitality real estate firm T2 Hospitality, features Chez Maggy, a sophisticated 90-seat, ground-floor restaurant by celebrated chef Ludo Lefebvre; Reynard Social, a sixth-floor sunroom bar and lounge with a seasonally driven cocktail program, curated wine list, local beer selection, and alpine-inspired bites; a 1,032-square-foot signature Thompson Suite; and ample meetings and events spaces named for three of Denver’s most notorious early citizens (Mattie Silks, Kate Fulton, and Corteze Thomson). When it comes to design, the sophistication of the West comes alive with interiors by the internationally acclaimed firm Parts + Labor.
Location & Design

Thompson Denver’s design is highly inspired by the community and culture in which it resides. The property’s location in LoDo is near key area attractions like the 16th Street Promenade, Union Station, Larimer Square, Coors Field, Ball Arena, and popular eateries, craft breweries, theaters, and museums—all a short drive from Denver International Airport.

The hotel’s distinct sense of place and connection to Colorado comes to life through its detailed and stylish design by Parts + Labor. The space blends the Thompson Hotels brand’s mid-century modern foundation with natural materials like wood, stone, and copper, as well as classic mountain town elements for an elevated, chalet-style design. An architecturally striking, two-story hearth fireplace extends from the lobby down to the luxuriously appointed, residential-style entertainment spaces on the lower level. Artwork from exclusively local Colorado artists adorn the walls, while bold pieces bring an urban edge.

Cabin-inspired warmth extends to the hotel’s guestrooms and suites, including its 1,032-square-foot Thompson Suite, which features an expansive private terrace with seating for eight, a two-sided indoor/outdoor glass fireplace, separate living and dining areas, wide plank hardwood floors, rainfall shower, and freestanding soaker tub. All guestrooms include plush Sferra bedding and D.S. & Durga bath amenities, as well as a thoughtfully curated honor bar and mini fridge with local artisan products and favorites from Thompson Hotels properties across the U.S. and Mexico.

“We’re incredibly excited to open our doors and provide a dynamic hotel and culinary experience to world travelers and the community in the Mile High City,” says Area Vice President & General Manager, Amanda Parsons. “Our entry into Denver marks a pivotal moment for the Thompson Hotels brand, and we’re thrilled to collaborate with internationally acclaimed chef Ludo Lefebvre to support the anticipated opening of Chez Maggy. Guests of Thompson Denver can expect the refined and curated service the Thompson Hotels brand is known for, alongside thoughtful design, inspired food and drinks, and programming that is distinctly Denver.”

Chez Maggy

Chez Maggy is famed chef Ludo Lefebvre’s first concept outside of Los Angeles—and within a hotel. Overseeing both in-room dining across the property and this 90-seat brasserie (open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner), Lefebvre blends his signature French style with hyperlocal inspiration from the region’s unique mountain climate, all as an homage to his family. While his first business foray outside Southern California, chef Ludo’s family has always called Denver and the greater region home; chef Ludo’s wife Krissy was raised in Colorado, and the family has built its traditions around spending time in Denver over the past two decades. Chez Maggy is named in honor of chef Ludo’s late mother-in-law, who lived in nearby Littleton, CO.

“I’ve long hoped to open a restaurant in Denver, and it was a natural fit to team up with Thompson Denver, part of a brand known to cultivate culture and inspire all who walk through its doors,” says chef Ludo. “My wife grew up here and we visit often, so I’ve always considered Denver a second home and knew it would be the perfect place to open my first restaurant outside of Los Angeles. Chez Maggy is especially personal to me since the menu features dishes inspired by my childhood in France, and the overall concept is a deeply special tribute to my family."

Chez Maggy features classic French fare—inspired by many regions across France and with an emphasis on dishes chef Ludo misses most from his home country—alongside playful tributes to the city of Denver and integration of local mountain ingredients. Dishes range from classics such as French Onion Soup, Steak Tartare, Duck L’Orange, and Escargot, to locally inspired, soon-to-be favorites like Bison Bourguignon, a Frenchified “Denver Omelette” and his Burger la Franaise. For in-room dining, chef Ludo brings a comforting, home-cooked feel to the guestrooms, with items like long-developed fluffy pancakes in the morning and a hearty bowl of pasta at night—always with his signature and seasoned spin.

Thoughtfully Curated Amenities

Thompson Denver features a private dining space and bar for up to three dozen guests tucked into the mezzanine; a lobby-level caf and retail space serving all-day refreshments; chic meeting and event venues centered around the two-story hearth fireplace; a 24-hour fitness center featuring modern, high-tech equipment; and Reynard Social, its sixth-floor sunroom bar and lounge specializing in alpine-inspired dishes and cocktails. It is also a pet-friendly property.

Thompson Denver also debuts its signature collaboration with Victrola, the Denver-based leading manufacturer of turntables for more than 100 years, to provide an unparalleled musical experience for guests. In addition to listening experiences in the guestrooms and suites, Thompson Denver offers a communal Victrola Listening Lounge on the sixth floor adjacent to Reynard Social, featuring the all-new T1 Turntable, as well as a selection of vinyl specifically curated by Victrola.

Reservations are now available with rates starting at $299 per night for stays starting February 7, 2022 by visiting thompsondenverhotel.com or calling 888-591-1234. To celebrate the hotel’s debut in the Mile High City, Thompson Denver is extending an opening offer—A Toast to LoDo—which includes a one-time $75 food and beverage credit. The offer is available for reservations made before March 31, 2022 for stays from February 7, 2022 through April 30, 2022. For full offer terms, visit the hotel’s website. For the latest, follow Thompson Denver on Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn. The hotel is located at 1616 Market St., Denver, CO 80202.

World of Hyatt Gives Members 500 Reasons to Stay Somewhere New

To provide World of Hyatt members even more ways to be rewarded, World of Hyatt is offering members the opportunity to earn 500 Bonus Points for qualifying nights at Thompson Denver from February 7, 2022 through April 30, 2022 part of World of Hyatt’s new hotel member offer. Additional participating hotels and their offer stay periods can be found at worldofhyatt.com/newhotelbonus. No registration is required and members can earn on top of other offers.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 8:42 am

Still can't book a standard room with points/award
Old Feb 10, 2022, 8:47 am

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
We are going next week for the grand opening celebration. I'll try to take some pictures of some of the rooms and report on the breakfast.
TravisMT81 and CoffeeTraveler like this.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 7:42 pm

Looks like it is a Category 6. Seems high for Denver but I am sure they've done their research.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.