FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New FF T&Cs - Wrong Info., again.
View Single Post
Old Jan 10, 2005, 11:02 am
Aisle Seat H

Programs: QF Plat./OW Emerald + Life Gold, IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, etc.
Angry New FF T&Cs - Wrong Info., again.

(Already posted in middle of another thread [IB miles], but thought many of you would not see that, so am starting seperate thread as think it is issue of at least some importance).

The new (post-May) FF Terms and Conditions STILL contain the wrong, misleading information for QF FF miles and SC earning rules on BA. It was wrong in the last published T&Cs, wrong in the previous one of a few years ago, and is still wrong now.

Firstly, despite it saying so, you do NOT get Full Economy SC's in B and H. They give you 100% miles for such flights not the Discount Economy 25% rate, but you get Discount Economy SCs.

Absolutely nowhere in the T&Cs, old or new, does it state there is such a Miles/SC distinction in these fare clases (or any other), and when I complained to Qantas about it they refused to give me the additional SCs. On the phone some months ago they told me that the full T&Cs that they have at their end do indeed make such a distinction, despite the official published ones not doing so. Yet they have not updated the terms and conditions.

Secondly, it does not state that miles are NOT earned on non-Oneworld codeshares (even with a BA flights number on the ticket) - as it does with all other airline partners where this is the case - despite the fact that they are not. Fly to Brussels from London for e.g. on a BA flight number on a flight flown by SN Brussels Airlines (as I did) and you get no miles or SCs. Again, when this affected me Qantas refused to give me the relevant miles and SCs.

Qantas again told me that the full T&Cs that they have state that codeshares on BA with non-Oneworld airlines do not apply for miles and SCs, though again the official published ones do not do so. Again, they have not updated the new terms and conditions accordingly.

I find this all to be not just slack but pretty outrageous, especially when they then refuse to give you the miles and SCs you thought you were getting. So much for "These Terms and Conditions... are intended to protect Members" (as the T&C intro states).