FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Westin Yokohama, Japan [Master Thread]
Old Nov 28, 2023, 6:22 pm
ElevatorEnthusiast

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The club lounge did not have an egg station for breakfast when I stayed there, and the selection was decidedly poor. I would definitely recommend breakfast in the restaurant unless you are mainly a coffee and croissant only for breakfast person. There is not an egg station in the restaurant per se, you talk to your waiter, they talk to the kitchen. But you can customise your order at the table.

I stayed there weeks after opening and again later, the first time I ended up printing the T&C's for Marriott Bonvoy and going over a few items with a highlighter plus postit bookmarks and handing it to the club manager. The main point of contention was their interpretation of late check out for an ambassador member (as I was back then), their reading was 2pm subject to availability, so basically their answer was please check out at noon. There was a few other points I forget now. Somehow I did feel like an annoying twat for brining a highlighted print-out, on the other hand they were clearly trying to get out of any and all Bonvoy obligations, or just had not bothered understanding what they were. And they were very adamant that they were right. As it was all running as it should on the second stay, it was probably not all bad to take them a bit to school.

It is a nice hotel, but in my opinion nothing exceptional in my opinion.
I saw an egg chef working and delivering eggs to tables in the lounge - I didn't partake, so I can't confirm - but that's what it looked like. Thanks for the tip on ordering through the servers at the restaurant - I thought about asking but didn't want to come off entitled.