FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Airlines Implements New Rule To Protect Flight Attendants
Old Nov 17, 2023, 5:46 pm
eng3

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by avi8tir
It's amazing how other airlines around the world can do a full meal service in Y on a 45 minute flight, FA's not having to be constrained to their seats for turbulence that never happens etc. Is it just that the US is SO litigious that they cannot risk anything? A flight from Toyko last week and the captain informed that the FA's would be seated before we started taxiing. There was some light chop about 25 minutes in, but nothing else. Didn't even start service for over an hour which resulted in a lovely 3 hour dinner service. I'll never forget when I flew Thai many years ago on the BKK-LAX nonstop..... circa 2007.... the turbulence was moderate, at the very least. I was woken from my sleep and not even the seatbelt sign was turned on. I don't fly other US airlines that often so wonder if the "overreaction" is the same on those as well?
Yes, exactly what I'm refer to above. I'd be curious to see statistics to see if there are more injuries from turbulence on non US airlines.