FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Missed connection in AMM: Does RJ normally refuse to rebook to other airlines
Old Nov 16, 2023, 10:09 pm
Hafnia

Programs: Eurobonus Lifetime Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Turkish Airlines Elite
Missed connection in AMM: Does RJ normally refuse to rebook to other airlines

Update:
Transfer Desk in AMM refused to rebook me on TK to ATH (same day) and insisted I had to wait for the next RJ flight which is in2 days. What I found particular outrageous was when the agent told me straight up they would cancel my return flights if I decided to organise a seat on TK same day at my own expense. In the end after some very frank exchanged, he gave in and checked with back-office and accepted to keep the return flight but I bought a new ticket on TK (approx. JOD 300) at my own expense, which I will try to claim from my travel insurance.

I used to live in Amman for 3 years have travelled a lot with RJ, never experienced such a poor service. Maybe because I’ve lost my satus. I will try to avoid them for future travel.

Does Royal Jordanian (RJ) normally refuse to re-book to other airlines when missed connection in AMM? Should I try to escalate?

I was scheduled to travel BGW-AMM-ATH on RJ today Friday but will miss connection in AMM due incoming flight delayed due bad weather (low visibility) in BGW.

Despite obvious I would miss connection in AMM, RJ ground-staff in BGW insisted on checking me + luggage in to final destination ATH stating that RJ would rebook me to ‘any flight’ upon arrival AMM.

While still in BGW, I received an updated ticket via email with a new flight AMM-ATH on Sunday, arriving 2 days later than scheduled. This is the first available RJ connection as there is no RJ flight between AMM and ATH tomorrow, Saturday.

I called RJ call centre asking to be rebooked to another airline (TK, MS) getting me from AMM to ATH today Friday or latest tomorrow Saturday. This was refused.

Does Royal Jordanian (RJ) normally refuse to re-book to other airlines when missed connection in AMM? Should I try to escalate? No status and cheap eco-fare.

Last edited by Hafnia; Nov 17, 2023 at 4:17 am