FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Banks that allow Money Order deposits via Smartphone or ATM(2017-onward)
Old Nov 16, 2023, 2:50 pm
radonc1

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by tomprc
DCU:

Item Reference #?? was deleted from Deposit Reference for the following reason(s):

The check states that it is not eligible for Online Deposit.

Shall I deposit it again? Will I be banned if I do that?
Assuming that it was the depositor bank that reversed your MO deposit, then no funds were pulled from the backer of the MO (WU for example). In that case, your MO is still good and you can deposit it physically in another banking institution, or use it to pay off a bill.
It would be best to call the originator of the MO and ensure that it still has funds on it.
However, if it was the originator that bounced your deposit, then you need to see if the funds are tied up by calling them and asking. Furthermore, you should check and see if you got hit with a fee for bouncing a MO (either by the depositor bank or by the originator of the MO.)
Hopefully you didn't pull funds from your account and produce a negative balance in it because the deposit was denied. Those are the events that get accounts shuttered.