FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Miles&Smiles fails to issue award tickets on partners correctly after payment(fraud?)
Old Nov 8, 2023, 10:46 am
jvasiles

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, GHA Discovery Titanium, Accor Gold, LH Senator
Originally Posted by flyerby
TK local office will always direct you to open a feedback form if you haven’t already. This is their regular MO and for a good reason that only TK backend has, in these cases, the power to change things. But if you have opened at least 3 tickets without the backend understanding your problem then this is the time for the local TK office to help. If they have understood your problem, then they can contact directly their contacts at TK HQ. In the past, due to TK local office efforts, TK have opened award inventory for me and credit me tens of thousands of miles (due to errors with their IT). Don’t settle for less than them contacting their contacts (after you’ve have opened multiple requests on the feedback form), preferably by the station manager who has the best connection with TK HQ. If you have opened multiple tickets, show them the replies and they will understand that opening another one is futile.

And it probably preferably to contact TK city office than airport office.
Thank you very much for the recommendations and sharing your experience. As a customer, I have to say this whole process is absolutely insane and will make me think twice about ever booking another flight with TK again, award redemption or revenue. I’m curious about your statement that there is “good reason that only TK backend has…the power to change things”, in this case a simple waived change/cancellation fee. Is TK management so untrusting of their own call center and ticket agents not to empower them to use logic and a problem solving mindset and enable them to waive an unjustified fee? Is TK management so desperate to collect fees that the customer experience means absolutely nothing anymore? Seems to me that sad answer is a resounding YES.