FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Understanding the United Upgrade List Comprehensively
Old Nov 5, 2023, 8:44 am
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tomtaylor23
I am 1K, but when I looked at my ticket it cleared into PZ and not PN. I also did not manually process an Instant upgrade as there was no PN space when I last checked.
Within the CPU window, you do not need to process instant upgrades manually, and I’m not entirely sure that I trust United.com’s display in this case. On an M fare as a 1K, you were eligible for PN, so you should have ended up in PN even if United.com retroactively thinks otherwise.

Originally Posted by tomtaylor23
The only other thing I can think of is that the person that is No.1 is a deadheading, and I know the new rules state that pilots deadheading go straight to the to top of the upgrade list. But I wonder if they only clear at the gate.
Unless F had been full and then one person happened to cancel just before a CPU sweep run, this shouldn’t have been a concern. Deadheading pilots are non-rev positive space; if there is a seat in inventory, the pilot will be booked into it directly. The only time they end up on the upgrade list is if F is full.