FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I am surprised that there are so many MM, 2MM, 3MM, etc
Old Oct 23, 2023, 3:18 pm
DrMilano

Programs: DL 2MM/DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Titanium
Originally Posted by ecaarch
I have been on many flights where the FA announced something like this: "We'd like to thank all of our silver, gold, platinum, and diamond Medallions, and especially our one One Million Miler." (emphasis is mine) So I was the only MM on the flight. I also chatted with the FAs on LAX-SYD once who told me that there were eight (8) pax that were million milers of some level on that flight. So the points is that you can't take an extremely small subset of the population and extrapolate any accurate information about how many million milers there are.
OP has to realize that the upgrade list isn't full of MM’s. I suspect there will be a higher proportion of MM’s on international flights, especially in the D1 cabins, and there are no upgrades. OP has to also realize the good ‘ol days of domestic complementary upgrades are over and you’ll waste your time looking at the upgrade list as you’ll be depressed. Thus why I check in late at night and don’t bother wasting my time during the day to redress the app list knowing that I’m #1 of 69 for 0 F seats.