FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)
Old Oct 22, 2023, 11:48 pm
kklems
Original Member

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver
Originally Posted by kklems
I saw this asked in May but the response was to prepay the stay which won't work for me. I'll also ask when I check in but does anyone know of any Hyatt Centric Properties between SFO and LAX south into Long Beach that sell gift cards at the desk? I am staying one night at the Hyatt Centric Mountain View and have an Amex offer 75/300 that expires at the end of the October. My rate with tax will be right around $200 so I would love to buy a $100 gift card to go over the threshold. My plan would be to maybe get some apps and order a bottle of wine (assuming I can charge to my room since the wine/apps would be $25ish net) but if we get in late I wanted a backup plan. We will be flying into LAX, driving up to just south of SFO and than back to Long Beach. My first two nights there are no hyatt centric properties and the last night in Long Beach the Hyatt Centric is like $560 due to the Marathon so I won't have a chance to stay at another HC before the end of the month.
Just following up in case someone else has the question. Neither the Hyatt Centric Mountain view nor the Long Beach Hyatt centric sold gift cards, On a positive note I got to use my offer after all at the Long Beach HC since when I got to my original spot for the night they were having a big October festival with rides and stuff in the parking lot right outside the hotel (the Queen Mary) so I cancelled my room and moved to HC using a 1-4 night cert (versus the rate that night of $480 before tax) and had dinner and drinks at their restaurant.