FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Farewell to British Airways and the Exec Club After 25 Years
Old Oct 20, 2023, 6:32 pm
ryan182

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Rich4423
Once my remaining Executive Club miles are spent, I will be cancelling my membership once and for all. It’s unfortunate to end a relationship that’s spanned over two decades, but as a customer, it’s crucial to recognise when it’s time to move on.

Thank you for the memories, British Airways, but it’s time to say goodbye.
I get moving your flying to another airline, but why cancel the membership? What if there's a flight you'd like and there's a redemption option (BA can transfer points from several CCs) or there happens to be a domestic or short haul flight where BA is the best option based on schedule? Not like you pay an annual fee to keep the exec club membership and as alex67500 pointed out after 25 years surely you'd have a decent pile of lifetime tier points (which as also pointed out accrual for tier points isn't changing, just Avios). Canceling your membership just seems a bit extreme, perhaps an emotional response, and doesn't really have any upside for you but could have quite a big downside. Maybe worth sleeping on that one...