FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus in Sweden
View Single Post
Old Oct 4, 2023, 9:22 am
nacho
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I know Danes who lived/live in Sweden and were stopped by Sweden from entering Sweden when returning home to Sweden from Denmark. Then hoops had to be jumped to get them back into Sweden. For various parts of the pandemic, Sweden seemed pretty shut down and restricted too. And Sweden seemed to have some restrictions longer than Denmark. In some ways Sweden was even more restricted and bizarre than what I saw in Denmark and Norway. Like the times where Swedish border control police with gigantic nozzle masks on at the Malmo-Hyllie station “border” saying you cannot get in and it’s human ping-pong unless claiming asylum.

Speaking of mental health, societal cohesion and criminal implications of the pandemic measures, the increase in gang activity, serious gang violence and illegal drug use seems to have been worse in post-pandemic Sweden than in post-pandemic Denmark.
The most stupid thing is that you can fly from CPH to ARN without any issues but you can't drive into Sweden from Denmark. Remember Mr got a Swedish passport just to get a smoother ride home? I got one just to be able to go back to Sweden during the pandemic.

1/3 of the gang members in Uppsala are under 12...

The almost worthless SEK causing increase in cost = higher inflation.