FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus in Sweden
View Single Post
Old Oct 3, 2023, 2:00 pm
RedChili

When this thread was first created, I posted a lot in it. But with time, I stopped posting simply because Flyertalk in general, and this thread specifically, took far too much of my time. Due to work and family obligations, I just had to reduce the amount of time that I spent on FT.

Recently, however, I took another look at statistics for the three Scandinavian countries for 2020-2022. And I was not surprised at what I found.

All of the figures that I’ve based these charts on, are taken directly from ssb.no, scb.se, and dst.dk.

What’s quite clear when comparing these charts is that Sweden has handled the “pandemic” better than Norway, and way better than Denmark.

I am, and have always been, convinced that the reason for this is that much of what has been done to fight covid has destroyed people's physical and mental health, while at the same time, the economy and society at large has been damaged. In Scandinavia, Denmark was without a doubt the country with the most restrictions in the fight against covid, and Sweden was the country with the fewest restrictions.

Take face masks as an example. Cochrane studies have shown that masks do little or no good in reducing the transmission of an airborne virus. At the same time, there’s also a study that shows that mortality from covid-19 increases by 85 percent among people who use a face mask due to the Fögen effect. Another study shows that all face masks contain substances that cause cancer. Face masks can also cause hypercapnia. In addition, wearing a face mask leads to less empathy with fellow human beings, which can lead to an increase in violent crimes.

Therefore, it’s not surprising that countries with a population of “diligent” face mask users, have a higher total mortality than a country where most people never used a face mask, and it’s not surprising that Norway and Denmark have seen a steeper mortality increase than Sweden.

Chart 1: Mortality 2011-2022 per million

When comparing the three Scandinavian countries, we can see that Sweden and Denmark had roughly the same mortality during the past decade. This changed dramatically in 2021-2022. During these two years, Denmark had around 10 percent higher mortality than Sweden.

Mortality in Norway has for a long time been significantly lower than for both of the other two Scandinavian countries. This is perhaps partly due to the fact that Norway has a relatively younger population. But when you look at 2021-2022, you see that mortality in Norway is approaching the Swedish level. Between 2015-2018, mortality in Norway was 15-16 percent lower than mortality in Sweden, but in 2022, mortality in Norway was only seven per cent lower than in the country to the east.

Chart 2: Comparison of mortality 2015-2019 versus 2020-2022

This chart shows the decreased or increased mortality in 2020-2022 compared to 2015-2019. When covid arrived in 2020, Norway had a record low number. The “pandemic year” saw the lowest mortality in Norwegian history. In the same year, Denmark had slightly higher mortality than before, while Sweden had clearly higher mortality than in the previous five years.

In 2021, however, things started to change. In the year when “everyone” was “vaccinated,” Denmark had the same increase in mortality as Sweden had before the “vaccines” existed. In Norway, the graph also started to go awry. Sweden, on the other hand, saw a mortality that was far lower than the average for 2015-2019. In all of Swedish history, 2021 was the second best year in terms of mortality.

The next year, 2022, was a disaster year for both Norway and Denmark. Both countries had an increase of more than eight percent compared to the five years before the “pandemic.” Sweden continued with very low mortality.

The last bars show that Denmark had an average increase of 4.64%, while Norway had an increase of 2.03%, and Sweden had a very modest increase in mortality of 0.35% over these three years.

Chart 3: Excess deaths in 2020-2022

When you convert the increase in mortality into actual deaths, you find a total excess deaths over three years of 961 people in Sweden, 2570 people in Norway and 7608 people in Denmark. When you take the size of the population into account (Denmark is 44 percent smaller than Sweden, while Norway is 48 percent smaller), it’s not hard to see that many of the things that the governments did to fight covid, actually led to an increase in total mortality.