FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United buys stake in biometric screening firm CLEAR, discounts for MP & CC members
Old Sep 28, 2023, 3:50 pm
fumje
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goodeats21
I have had a couple of them over the past months but figured it was just an anomaly.

More often, I am paying more attention to regular precheck line and using it when CLEAR is backed up. Finding it less and less a true benefit, but as others have said, as long as United keeps paying for it....
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
I had a run of this earlier in the year but not recently.

However my Clear experience is about to end. As a Plat I got first year free but then $109. With the often reported PreCheck being just as fast and id checks may, maybe not, the value proposition was getting more and more questionable. But with the fee increase for Plats to $149, I'm done. Back to PreCheck.
Yeah on regular-pre line often being as fast or faster, I have noticed that too. Seems like EWR is especially prone to people mindlessly filing into CLEAR while there are only a handful of people in the regular line.

Originally Posted by SFO 1K
This will happen more and more due to Clear's failures over the past year.
https://www.travelweekly.com/Travel-...mbers-show-ID#
​​​​​​​Interesting report. I had not heard of this. If CLEAR winds up changing and universally loses the waiver for ID-check, I don't think I'd bother with it even for the price of free.