FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - One Last Mileage Run for DM
View Single Post
Old Sep 19, 2023, 6:07 am
shoodawg

Originally Posted by GagaPilot
As someone who's been PM for many years now, DM was always a far-off dream. Thanks to high fares, and mostly premium cabin travel, I'm closer now than ever before, and will likely ever be again with the steep increase just announced for 2025.

Currently sitting at 14,400 MQDs. One planned trip next week that will gain around 800 MQDs, putting me at 15,200 MQDs. Another planned trip (not booked yet) in either November or December that will likely gain between 2000 - 3000 MQDs. That will put me up to somewhere between 17000-18000 MQDs, leaving me 2-3K short depending on how the exact numbers play out.

I'm toying with the idea of a mileage, well MQD, run over to HND for a weekend late October. Probably just 2-3 nights and right back. I'm seeing PS fares ANC-SEA-HND and return around 300,000 miles. Probably not the best value, but not really wanting to pay cash for such a trip, would rather just burn some miles. Have a very nice trip already booked to BKK in February, which sadly won't help achieve DM, so not wanting to spend a ton of money.

Any thoughts on a quick trip over to HND? Never been to Japan, other than connecting in NRT back in the hub days.
save your money! Don’t do it! (Don’t be a sucker!)