FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread
Old Sep 6, 2023, 6:03 pm
autobahnal

Location: New to BWI as of 2021; say hi if you're in the area!
Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by st530
Thanks for the data points. I assume this has only been an issue at the final airport when there is a separate PNR to the final airport? In other words, AAA-BBB-EWR all on the same PNR should present no issue at EWR?
Yeah that should be no issue -- I've had SIN-SFO-EWR before, all on the same PNR, and had no trouble accessing the EWR PL.

Originally Posted by st530
That's interesting, so it was the scanner that denied you admission rather than an interpretation by the agent of "eligible same-day itinerary". If that is indeed the current scanner policy, it seems like a change from the Wiki and some earlier posts indicating admission is permitted at the final destination PL even with a different (non-Polaris-linked) same-day connecting itinerary to the final destination.
Yep the scanner initially said no, and when I questioned it because it was the same calendar day, I got the explanation above about how EWR wasn't part of the Polaris itinerary and so therefore no access.

BTW the separate SFO-EWR ticket in my case was a paid business class ticket. I suppose one might think that if they were going to overrule the scanner that would be the kind of scenario that might trigger it. But no dice.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Sep 6, 2023 at 6:08 pm Reason: merged update by same member