FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AS 40%-Off OGG Fares to Support Maui Local Businesses (8/28-10/18/2023)
Old Aug 30, 2023, 2:02 am
beckoa
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by czpdx
I got the email, and it appears targeted to people who flew AS to Hawaii in the last year. I went to OGG last November.
Got the same email myself. Was checking fares from ITO today (btw, wish AS served ITO, maybe one day- if anything for the approach - watched a NAC 734 and HA 717 on final today)

Originally Posted by AKLifetimeFlyer
Same, I got the email and I traveled to Maui last November. I go nearly every November / December. Unfortunately I can’t go in October. I don’t think people should be using these codes as mileage run opportunities. The intention is to help the Maui economy. Doing a MR turn to OGG does not help the locals.
Ok... if one is spending time on Island for the day, buying food and using services, I think this does contribute. Not as much as overnighting a few nights, but still helps. Keeps hotels free for others who need on island too.

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Hopefully the hotels will offer similar incentives....
The email offer had a few options, didn't check pricing. Also didn't really look at rental cars as dates appear to be a bit restrictive for me (I'm occupied during reasonable airfares).