FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifetime Member Edition: UC access changes Nov 1, 2019 (same day BP on UA or partner)
Old Aug 19, 2023, 1:28 am
soartoday

Programs: AS Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Starriott LTPP
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
How did you handle the proration?
2010-2019-date of filing???
Since you only loss partial access, when not flying UA, how did you factor that in?
Rough math on my life expectancy, subtracting the years 2010-2019 when I got full use of the membership. I didn't have a good way of accounting for times when I would still fly UA domestically or in coach, so I just ignored that. I would have been perfectly fine if United cancelled my membership along with the refund I asked for. But they refused to discuss settlement beyond the token miles.

To be honest, I've probably used my membership less than 10 times since 2019. By 2015 or so, I had already switched most of my domestic flying to AA/AS, and I was only flying UA when their schedule was significantly better. I told the commissioner that I relied on the fact that the membership allowed access when not flying United when I purchased it. This is absolutely true: the United lounge location in my home airport is easily accessible when flying other airlines.

​​​​​​