FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hearing impaired, is it worth telling the airline?
Old Aug 4, 2023, 2:43 pm
Telecasterman

Programs: BA exec, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by DeeGee26.2
Hello, I've got what's probably a newbie question, and I've searched, but I cant find the answer.

I'm flying with the family LHR-MUC in Y later this month, and we've just got an email from BA explaining what services they have for kids.

There was a section about "Need Special Assistance?", and a photo of a sign with various impairments on.

Now, my mother in law is hearing impaired, she is profoundly deaf in one ear and uses a hearing aid for the other. She doesn't fly regularly, although has flown often in the past. She's with me, though, and although I'm not a road warrior, I make a handful of flights a year, I'm OK with how airports work, so she won't need special assistance getting round or that sort of thing.

Is it worth my while still letting the airline know that she's hearing impaired? I figure the crew might want that sort of info on the passenger manifest, if nothing else? Or will I be creating an unnecessary fuss if I do?
you are in effect her carer on the flight….as to ability to follow cabin crew instructions that would fall to you if such arise. This is clearly set out in the relevant conditions of carriage and civil aviation and iata regs…as stated above by cihy..there’s nothing to worry about here.
I hope you all enjoy your flights.
T