FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada eUpgrade program (October 2020 onwards) [read wiki BEFORE asking question]
Old Jul 26, 2023, 5:16 pm
Adam Smith
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
The wiki says "Exception: if you have no status, you can only clear an upgrade on a flexible fare 3 days in advance, and on a non-flexible fare cannot clear before the gate".

I want to challenge that. My read of the PDF is that flexible fares can clear 7 days in advance, and without status, you're not eligible on any other fare type. And I thought that had always been the case. So I'm curious where that 3 day/gate statement came from.
Wiki edit history is very broken, but 3 days vs 7 is probably a typo or an oversight from someone who typed that up. Searching the thread for "days" shows that it was 7 days back in October 2020 when the eUp program was revamped, so either at some point AC changed it briefly, or someone just messed up. It's easily fixed by anyone with 90 posts and 90 days on FT...

As for whether someone with no status can upgrade at the gate, we had this debate at some point in the past. One could interpret the table either as no-status people can never eUp, or that they have no window to clear eUps in advance (but could clear at the gate).

I guess since my wife has no status at the moment, I should test it out and answer the question once and for all...