FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reported LHR Baggage Issues 19th July / Missing Baggage
Old Jul 20, 2023, 4:34 pm
MrALIG

Programs: BA GfL
Good News

Andy on the GGL line was super helpful and he organised my bags to be found and put on a flight to Edinburgh. Baggage created a manual Worltracer file for me.
The three bags arrived in Edinburgh at 1423.

Bad News

At 1600 they created a second Worldtracer file for the bags, based on last night's email. Whoever filled it in did not enter my email address, missed one digit from my phone number and input my Exec Club number incorrectly. I had given all this information in my email as well as it being in my account. Typical BA IT problems mean that I can change the bag description, but I cannot change this information. They do have my address at least.

Since arriving in Edinburgh I can see that all the bags have become separated. One is offsite near the airport, I think this is where the courier is. The other two are at different places in the terminal building.

One of the Worldtracer files says two of the three bags have been found and the other says that one has been found. Now this could mean that all three have been found, but the one of the tag numbers appears twice and one not at all.

The second Worldtracer file says that I will collect the bags from the airport. Maybe this explains why the bags are in different places. But the associated email that was sent says they will be delivered and the information on the bag says that it has been picked up by a courier to deliver it.

The other two bags in the other file say they were picked up by the same courier but at a different time, so if you believe the info the courier has picked up the same bag twice at different times (One bag actually moved off site three hours before the system says it was picked up) I suspect that in fact they have all three bags, but who knows.

I will give it some time in the morning and if some of the bags are still at the airport I will see if I can go and get them. However, I don't really want to get involved in that considering the general chaos in the baggage area.

Something I will have to do for next time is reconcile the baggage tags with the AirTags as the bags have been separated and it would be useful to compare what the system shows to thee position of the AirTags.