FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Upsell Offers to Business/First/PP at Purchase to Day of Departure (TOD)
Old Jul 17, 2023, 1:27 pm
WineCountryUA
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by JimInOhio
What do you mean by “not uncommon”? I didn’t say the seat map was a perfect indicator of sold seats but there have been multiple posts in this forum claiming its become a pretty good one.
There are multiple reports of open seats but actually blocked for oversells in PremiumPlus over booked-- Why, what happens?

A few months ago, I tracked inventory versus seatmap for SFO TATL (FRA/MUC/ZRH) for multiple days. when J inventory was below 9 on nearly all the flights the open seats were 6-8-10 more than J inventory (while PremPlus also had open seats in many cases. Once inside the 7 day window I crosschecked the flight status numbers which tracked J inventory but there were far more open seats.

I have not seen these reports of accurate seatmaps but that may occasionally happen BUT inaccurate seatmaps are still with us. And will continue for long haul.