FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SAS Youth Fares [FAQ & Discussions]
View Single Post
Old May 30, 2018, 1:05 pm
Nick Art
Moderator: SAS

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by Konismarck
Nice it actually helped someone.
Yes, thanks a lot With prices like that I might actually be able to get some of my study friends to join me.

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
That somehow contradicts the rest of your post as it sounds like you wouldn’t need those discounted youth tickets in the first instance?

While it is true that Im in the very fortunate situation of not having to count every penny, this doesnt come from me receiving a 10k check for not smoking until I was 20 (I never smoked) or receive a Land Rover for not drinking alcohol (I hardly ever drink alcohol, only on very special occasions even today) or get a flat for getting the third best grade in class. (All of the above are true stories).
Due to my obligation in Switzerland of doing Military Service I did earn a cent or two since I continued to rank up until Sergeant Major (and the fact I University is practically free in Switzerland). So all the money I spend for fancy Business Class Flights I did actually earn myself.
Now the reason I did buy some crazy expensive Business Class fare: The dates were fixed and all booking classes except C, D or J were booked out. So now Im looking to try and change the flights in such a way that I will receive the most miles

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Not a problem if you’re in a position to strike some sort of deal with mummy or daddy and get them to pay for the ZRH-Scandinavia flights. How does that sound?

G
I think you may have a wrong image of me and my relationship with my parents.
Sadly Im not in such a position (and tbh it kinda seems rude) and as mentioned above while I do have the money to spend, Im not looking for a way to lose it all in an unnecessary fast way, so if there is a chance to save a few hundred bucks I will certainly do so.
Maybe you would be willing to fund my Lifetime Eurobonus Gold run?

Originally Posted by zeer0
You can buy a separate youth ticket from ZRH to CPH/ARN/OSL. That will cost you 100-200 r/t.

You can upgrade youth tickets to Plus with the regular Plusgrade system. Always comes up as an option in my experience.
Thanks I suppose this would also be possible with miles?