FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cancelled flight comes back alive
View Single Post
Old Jun 29, 2023, 8:06 am
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by joeyE
I was booked on LIT-CLT-ATL this week. I checked a bag and while waiting to board in LIT, my phone starts blowing up with AA alerts.....cascading delays on the CLT-ATL portion (AA5275), and after 8-10 delays that added 4 hours onto the trip, the CLT-ATL segment cancelled. I got on a Delta LIT-ATL flight and when I got to ATL, I started looking to see where my bag was (still on AA), and the thing made it to CLT and was being loaded onto the CLT-ATL flight, which was back alive. I'm ticked off bc I lost out on Loyalty Points, upgraded flights (I'm ExP), and the Delta flight was an expensive nonstop. My bag made it to ATL fine.....a cancelled flight doesn't trigger anything in the system to have the ground crew pull a bag or whatever. Would you ask AA for any compensation? Lost opportunity for miles is a factor, but I'm more annoyed at the 11 x $250 LP. .
I've had the same thing happen (a cancelled flight get reinstated), as they "didn't" have a crew (a deadheading crew had stepped up to operate the flight, but the left hand wasn't talking to the right).
Did you have AA rebook you on the Delta nonstop? If so you can request original routing credit to get those LPs.