FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Two things I learned in Japan today
View Single Post
Old Jun 29, 2023, 4:08 am
lsquare
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by LapLap
Just had a read of that. I accept your frustrations. Given what you knew and who you are, I think you dealt with that situation like a champ. And I’ve no doubt that if it happened again (which I’d hope it won’t, not in that same flavour anyway) you’d do even better.

I personally find many aspects of corporate Japan uncomfortable and even troubling. This downside to Japan does actually heighten much of what I love most about the country; the people there who are subject to these inflexible commitments and expectations imposed on them and yet still share their grace and humour, kindness and empathy.
The problem with FT is that there are clowns eager for a fight. I asked a legitimate question and then the clown show began. Even in this thread, I've read what I posted again and I see nothing wrong with it. Too many people here especially take offense easily. Do you know what's crazy? I never even said I expected ANA to pay for the trip to my hotel just as a matter of expectation. Obviously, the airfare doesn't include transportation to my hotel. People here say so many strange things. I did expect ANA to do more for me simply because they cancel my flight. Even UA has done more for me after they canceled my flight.