FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice & suggestions needed: Ground Transportation in Israel
Old Jun 28, 2023, 3:47 am
mbgg

Originally Posted by allset2travel
My flight (on AT) arrives @ TLV around 08:00. Have checked bags. US passport holder.

Have question regarding ground transportation from TLV to Tiberias (Hotel Leonardo Plaza), and return days later.

1. How much time from picking up luggage to entering landside Israel?
2. I am open to all means of transportation suggestions: public (bus/train or combo); private (taxi or car service). I have no time constrain, but would like to know approximate cost for taxi and private car service (and time of travel). I understand no one can predict traffic. But just in a general sense.
3. Please assist in the "How to and Where to" for each means of transport.
4. Which terminal does AT use?

Thank you in advance.
1. Assume 1 hour to go through immigration and pick up luggage.
2. What day of the week? There is no public transport on Saturdays. Assuming any other day of the week, you can take a train from the airport to the "Hamifratz" station, then take a 430 or 434 bus from the adjacent "Merkazit Mifratz" bus station to Tiberias. Look at the Israel Railways website for train schedules and www.bus.gov.il for bus schedules. Total cost should be less than 50 NIS.. A taxi from the airport will cost hundreds of NIS.. Driving time is about 2 hours..
4. All flights arrive at Terminal 3.

How long will you be in Tiberias? What are your plans and how will you travel around the north? Why not spend a few days in Tel-Aviv or Jerusalem before continuing to the Galilee?