FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airport info SYDNEY (SYD) - amenities, transfers, transport
Old Jun 19, 2023, 12:56 pm
docbert

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Apollosmom
Flying tonight LAX to SYD on UA, scheduled 0655 arrival Wednesday ..T1. Connecting to VA at T2 for 0915 flight to PER. “Assume” if LAX-SYD is on time, I will have sufficient time at T1 for immigration and then shuttle bus to T2, security then to gate to make 0915 departure? Only hand carry, so no baggage. Or do I need to make sure my running shoes are ready?
I'd have your running shoes ready, but you should be fine - especially without checked bags. That's absolutely peak period for SYD international arrivals, and it's school holidays in some states which can make things worse. For the most part, it all comes down to what lands before you as to how long it'll take to get through immigration/customs. Presuming it's all one ticket then UA will have given you your VA boarding passes, so once you arrive in the domestic terminal it'll be straight to security (normally fast) and to the gate.

Catching the free T-Bus should be fine, but if you're looking like it's going to be tight you'll probably be better heading for the train. You'll need to pay (something like A$5. No need to buy a ticket, just use a contactless credit card), but it'll be faster than the T-bus.