FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United buys stake in biometric screening firm CLEAR, discounts for MP & CC members
Old Jun 13, 2023, 3:41 pm
nmenaker

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Originally Posted by Boraxo
I also find the biometric objection laughable. The feds already have my data as part of the GE system, and the chicoms stole my personal data along with millions of other ex-Feds. Not to mention numerous fingerprintings for the state bar, school and sports volunteer clearance, etc. I'm not going to inconvenience myself and cumulatively waste hours in lines just to retain a little eyeball privacy. Better to worry about all the data that is being collected by google, facebook etc. even from non-users.
I don’t recall giving any info to GE, not fingerprints.. I think they now have a face scan capability, but my understanding of that is that it is tied to your PASSPORT photo, and not something else.

To @Kaycee APPLE just as one example should not “have” your biometric data at all, not fingerprint (from touchID) nor face (from FaceID)… all these data are stored LOCALLY on the device that you might be using in the local Secure Enclave and are NOT sent up to iCloud or shared. That local secure storage is only accessible with the full six digit passcode or a facial or finger scan, and even then not extractable. Other companies MAY be different, but I wouldn’t concern myself with using Apple device security and sharing it.

I remember several years ago when traveling to Tanzania, and they fingerprinted ALL TEN DIGITS of anyone under the age of 60 when entering the country. I was APPALLED since A) well the obvious and B) I could tell that the computers they were using the capture everything were still using WINDOWS 7, and this was 2017.