FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Understanding/Using UA Electronic Travel Certificate(ETC) & Future Flight Credit(FFC)
Old Jun 11, 2023, 1:43 pm
WineCountryUA
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by JBord
I canceled a r/t for 2 people in February. IIRC, full ticket value was around $1,300 each. First time with any kind of personal UA credit in probably 4 years.
When I view the credit in my account, I see separate credits for each flight segment, totaling about $1,600...maybe I remembered the value above incorrectly or is it now $800 each and I lost some value? ...
The credit should be for the full value of the original ticket. There are some rare case of cancellation fees but we would need to know more -- route, fare class, how do you cancel, ...

- I see my name and my wife's on the credit. Are the 2 credits total for both of us or does she have the same amount...i.e. if I book a new flight for the two of us using the credit is it $1600 or $3200? Do we have to book separate tickets now to use the full credit amount for 2 people? ....
The Future Flight Credit (FFC) should be in the name(s) of the individual flyer, the amount is the total amount, each initially having 50%. Their credit can be used individually or jointly but cannot be used for other flyers.

.... - Can I use a partial credit? ...
Yes If purchased from UA and the credit is with UA.