FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Summer in the City DO 3 / OMNI Bugger-I-Am-Drunk DO 37.5: July 29, 2023
Old Jun 7, 2023, 7:14 pm
GW McLintock
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Summer In The City DO 3 Itinerary

I am very excited to share the finalized itinerary for this third Summer In The City DO. We will meet at the first stop at 1500 hours.

STOP #0 (pregame at 1400 - depart 1440) - Pig N' Whistle Public House (58 W 48th St.): my usual daytime bar. Natalia is looking forward to seeing anyone who shows up. The nearest subway station is 47-50th Sts.-Rockefeller Center on the 6th Avenue B/D/F/M lines.

STOP #1 at 1500 - Smith's Bar (701 8th Ave.): as seen in the intro to Night Court, one of the best sitcoms in the history of all things historical. Don't plan to eat too much, though. The nearest subway station is 42nd St.-Port Authority Bus Terminal on the 8th Avenue A/C/E lines.

STOP #2 - Rudy's Bar & Grill (627 9th Ave.): check out their beer list (extensive for a bar of this caliber) and enjoy a free Hebrew National frankfurter (a prelude to Sunday??) with your purchase. Be advised, this bar is cash only.

STOP #3 - Deacon Brodie's Tavern (370 W 46th St.): an old-timey Scottish tavern with an extensive Scotch list and craft cocktails. (NOTE: we may skip this one if running short on time. For future reference, we did!)

STOP #4 - The Gaf West (401 W 48th St.): a classic Irish pub with a welcoming atmosphere and darts. It's known as a regular place for locals in the neighborhood.

DINNER at 1800 - Rice X Beans (688 10th Ave.): one of my favorite restaurants in NYC specializing in Minas Gerais cuisine and incredible caipirinhas made with house-infused cachaças. Our group will be offered a special $50 prix fixe menu which will include a cocktail of your choice, appetizer, and entrée.

STOP #6 - Craft+Carry (751 9th Ave.): it wouldn't be a Summer In The City DO without craft beer, so we can stop here to get our fix (plus whatever you'd like to take home). We have the option to stay here or take the party elsewhere. The nearest subway station is 50th St local station on the 8th Avenue C/E lines.

A Google Map of the full route can be found here. The farthest distance between any two locations is 0.3 miles (from Rice X Beans to the Craft+Carry). If we spend 40 minutes at each bar and leave 5 minutes for walking between places, we should arrive to our dinner reservation on time at 1800 hours.

------------------------------

Space reserved for additional announcements

-J.

Last edited by GW McLintock; Jul 30, 2023 at 6:44 am