FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Residence Club Sedona Piņon Pointe AZ REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jun 1, 2023, 2:00 pm
Boraxo
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Will be staying here next month using soon-to-expire timeshare points, will report back.

Originally Posted by buzglyd
You could buy on the resale market WAY cheaper.
Yes we paid $3500 for resale week for HHS Lake Tahoe and it has actually increased in value if redweek pricing is accurate.

Originally Posted by buzglyd
Many who want to get into the HRC system buy Sedona because the price and maintenance fee is one of the best in the system. The HRC system is a bit limited though compared to Marriot and Hilton timeshare plans. Oddly Marriot Vacation Club owns HRC but it is treated as a separate system.
For sure this is a good strategy and in restrospect I wish we had purchased a Platinum resale at Sedona rather than Gold at HHS. It is worth paying a little more up front as it opens up better exchange options within the system. There is no benefit to buying in your home resort particularly if you plan to use your points piecemeal (as we do). We have never once actually used our deeded week.

While Hyatt has a small footprint compared to Marriott/Westin, it is a great system if you are a skier.

Originally Posted by River in Sight
We arrived around 3PM to check-in and were upgraded to a one-bedroom suite, which I think is very nice. It's probably around 600 square feet, very livable, it reminded me of a slightly smaller version of the first apartment I had out of college. There is a large terrace, but we don't have a view of anything in particular - we're mostly looking at the pool complex, which also has the gym and two grills. We were also given two coupons for free wine which we haven't used yet. One note is the lobby is only staffed 7AM-11PM - I'm not sure what the protocol is if you arrive late.

The hotel's location is great, it's walkable to so many of the shops and restaurants in Sedona. We enjoyed Sedona Beer Company last night. The room was absolutely quiet and although the studio that's paired with our room is occupied, we heard no noise at all except right at the front door. Three packets of laundry detergent were in the room for the washing machine. There is no daily housekeeping.

The night sky is stunning; living right outside DC I'm used to seeing just a handful of stars in the sky at night - I don't think I've ever seen so many stars in my life as I saw last night from our terrace. Since Sedona has a "dark sky" policy the room has a flashlight you can take with you if you go out walking at night.

I drove up from Tempe Mission Palms and stopped at Montezuma Castle along the way, which I thought was really worthwhile and recommend it. We also stopped at Chapel of the Holy Cross which I also thought was really worthwhile, it's just a stunning setting. What surprised me is the traffic from Chapel of the Holy Cross to the Hyatt was basically at a standstill on a Sunday afternoon, it's only around 3 miles on 179 but probably took 30-40 minutes or more... I am not sure if this is routine but I didn't spot any particular cause.

The main outdoor pool is not currently heated. It is open, but you'd have to be very hearty to swim in it and no one was using it yesterday. I'm not sure if it's a maintenance issue or another reason. There are two hot tubs that are heated, and there's a very small (18" depth) kiddie pool that is also heated. My son is way too large for the kiddie pool but regardless had a great time in it.

Great review thanks! That is good news on the upgrade. IME HRC treats owners better than hotel elites, but we will see.

FYI most properties typically have a system for arrivals after 11pm. You get a package from security or the like. Hopefully pool will be warm in July

Last edited by Boraxo; Jun 13, 2023 at 11:44 am