FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Hyatt in Mallorca?
View Single Post
Old Jun 1, 2023, 9:08 am
GeoHurst33

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
I have been doing exactly the same exercise planning for a few weekends this summer (and am currently chasing Globalist to replace Marriott as my 'primary big corporate chain'). I came to the conclusion other than the Zoetry, you'd be better paying the extra for the SLH properties. Zoetry looks like it's pitched at the same level as Son Antem, the SLH properties are pitched at/above the level of Son Vida. I intend to do a couple of weekends at Sant Francesc Hotel Singular which you can now book through Hyatt SLH.
I'm starting to lean towards the SLH properties and your conclusion of coughing up more $$$, but that 'extra for the SLH' properties is at least 100% higher (looking at EUR 250 vs EUR 550 or so/night) which makes the equation on chasing nights tilt quite a bit and brings me back to the drawing board...My Corporate discount rate doesn't do much to the cost either (nor do any other of the 'semi public' ones for that matter). I dread of swallowing my pride and returning to Bonvoy tbh...

Originally Posted by clublevel15
read the reviews of Zoetry before you will book!
Interesting comment...! Any website in particular I should be looking at? Tripadvisor/Google/Booking/Expedia all seem to show 4.5+/5, and if you filter for negative reviews only you'll find yourself not staying at any hotel ever in my experience

Most of the complaints seem to be about the restaurants and/or quality of food, but at most I'd have breakfast at the hotel and drive to an actual restaurant to enjoy the cuisine. To be honest I'm still quite torn about Hyatt's footprint on this island with the exception of the (quite pricier) SLH properties which tilt the 'chasing status' equation somewhat.