FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New passport, covid certificate
View Single Post
Old May 10, 2023, 7:51 am
NWIFlyer
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by stingray11214
This is what is concerning me as well. My COViD Vax card from the CDC does not have my middle initial, but my Passport does. I got my Vax extremely early in the process. Will this affect me in going to the Philippines this summer. My Passport was the last one I used when I went over there in 2018. Some advice would be helpful, as I am getting a lot of mixed signals about this. Thanks in advance.
There are many different ways of spelling names compared to what your passport says. If you're Spanish, you may well have two surnames on many documents, but only one of those will be on your passport. There are countless examples of other countries with bigger differences than this. No-one in the aviation world gives a jot about a middle name, or a slight mis-spelling.

Frankly, if a CDC card - one of the least secure methods of providing proof of vaccination compared to the apps used by European countries that draw data live - is considered acceptable, then that should be a good enough signal as to just how much scrutiny anyone will give this.

I have travelled to a reasonably large number of countries with just my Christian name and surname on documents and boarding passes. My passport, obviously, also has my middle name. I've not ever had an issue, pre-, during or post-Covid.

I can near guarantee the check-in staff won't bat an eyelid.