FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Q Suite Master Thread
View Single Post
Old May 4, 2023, 1:09 pm
KingCanute

Originally Posted by mattg85
Hi all

my first time flying QR in 2 weeks and I am very much looking forward to it. I’m flying solo for business.

I’ve been able to select seats for all legs except the first one IAH-DOH. Looks like on Expert Flyer one of the Quads was split by having two people in the first one - so I called to see if I could snag one of the aisle seats but was told no seats available.

Is that correct? If so, what time does check in counter typically open with QR? I’d like to get there as early as possible as it sounds like 1A/2B will be kept for airport check in and would like to grab one of those.

I realize QSuite is not guaranteed but looks like it has been consistently A350-1000 on this route for a few months so hoping for good luck!

thanks all
The quads are blocked for single travellers before check in, so yes that's normal.

Airport check in opens 3-4 hours before departure. But once online check in opens you may find that some seats become unblocked and/or the system has allocated you a seat. Other passengers may also start changing selected seats from that point if there is space to move to, so the choices may look better for you then, depending how full the flight is.